World Map

Mexico Attractions

Chichen Itza

North America >> Mexico >> Mexico Travel Information

Mexico Travel Information

What to Pack

Pack your swim wear and some casual attire for beaches and smaller resorts; formal attire for evening dining at larger resorts.Bring along your prescription medication which even though easily available in Mexico even without a prescription, the medication may be unfamiliar. Sunglasses and strong suntan lotion and insect repellent would be useful.

Travel Documents

First things first - the visitor to Mexico has numerous documents to furnish at a moment’s notice, especially when entering the country. Three documents are indispensable:

1. Photo identification in the form of a driving license or passport

2. A Visa or a Tourist Card or F.M.N. form which is easily available with airlines. It is like a Visa or Permit to enter the country with permission from the government. Business travelers require the F.M.N. form. These two documents are issued free of cost and must be kept safely. They are to be returned on leaving Mexico.

3. Valid proof of citizenship such as a passport

Citizens of many countries do not require a Tourist Visa to enter Mexico. These countries are USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Argentina, and Chile and West European countries. Instead, they must get a Tourist Card (Tarjeta de Turista) from the Mexican Government. The Tourist Card is available with airlines, embassies and at border crossings. Visitors from the neighbouring countries of Guatemala and Belize are sometimes issued with Tourist Cards for only 15 days; the others may get it for about 180 days.

The information on visas, health, customs and transportation can change without notice and should be confirmed in advance.

MINORS – all people below 18 years are minors and must strictly adhere to rules for entering the country.

• A minor traveling alone needs notarized consent from both parents.

• A minor traveling with only one parent needs notarized consent from the other parent.

• A minor traveling with only one legal parent or where the other parent is deceased must have proof in the form of a notarized statement.

Unaccompanied minors must provide the name, address and phone numbers of the person meeting the minor on arrival at the airport.

Tourist info Centers

The Mexican Government runs tourist offices under SECTUR, the Mexico Secretariat of Tourism, in neighbouring countries such as the US and Canada.

The State Tourism Offices in Mexico will also help you work out your visit.

Toll-free assistance in Mexico is available round-the-clock. English speaking operators will help you with your queries, emergencies and problems when you call 91-800-90392 from anywhere in Mexico

If you know anybody about to take ‘the big plunge’ or are about to enter into what is sometimes referred ...
Do you dream of chocolate and the sweet high it gives you? If yes, then read on to find then ...
To choose the best of anything is difficult, but to narrow down on the best beer cities in the whole ...

Share:         Email

Travel Tools

World Weather World Time Converter
Currency Converter World Holidays & Festival
Travel Health & Tips Travel Insurance
TrainsTravel Features

Get the latest and the best on travel
Free Desktop Calendars!
Stay Connected!
Come join our interactive community
Quick Updates
Latest News, Deals, Views & more
© 2001 - 2020 All rights reserved. Useful Links