Travel Crisis Manager
- If your baggage does not arrive on the same flight as you, fill
out a Property Irregularity Report (PIR), with a description of the
baggage, a list of contents and address to which it should be
forwarded. Hang around the airport; your stuff may arrive by the
next flight. If your baggage does not arrive at all, place a claim
with the airline within 21 days.
- Scour the yellow pages for numbers of emergency medical services
and keep them handy in your wallet.
- In case your credit card is stolen or lost, make sure you have
some money or traveller's cheques stashed away to tide you over.
- If you suspect frostbite, do get rid of any tight clothing to
improve circulation and do not massage or apply cold compress to the
affected area. instead soak the affected part in warm water and get
medical assistance as soon as possible.
- Ascending very rapidly at heights over 3000 metres can give you
altitude sickness. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, nausea,
fatigue and palpitations. Descend and seek medical assistance
immediately: high altitude sickness should never be taken lightly.